6 tips for a lice-free holiday
With the holidays right around the corner, make sure you’re prepared for the possibility of unwanted guests—and we’re not talking about crazy uncle Bob. As families greet each other with hugs, and cozy up near the fire, we notice an increase in head lice cases. Even though head lice can’t jump, fly, or hop to their next victim, they can find their way by crawling. Head lice are spread by head-to-head contact with the hair of an infested person, so it’s important to protect yourself this holiday season. Here are some tips:
- Avoid head-to-head contact.
- Make sure no one is sharing combs, brushes, or other hair elastics.
- It is also important to not share hats or scarves.
- Watch for consistent scratching or discomfort from a family member or friend.
- Use a lice prevention product before you visit family.
- Be careful when taking that holiday selfie.
Being with family, friends, and loved ones during the holidays is what the season is all about. Even though the kids may be out of school for the holiday break, head lice can still spread. If a lice infestation is detected or you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact us. At Lice Clinics of Canada, which proudly serves Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding areas, our heated air process is the only guaranteed way to eliminate a lice infestation one quick, easy, and safe treatment, so you and your family (even crazy uncle Bob) can get back to enjoying your time off.
We all know head lice is the one thing that no one wants to be re-gifted! So, call us today to schedule an appointment at 519-208-5423.